The search for the fountain of youth by man has been in progress since time immemorial; there is nothing new about that. What have however changed are the methods of inquiry and discovery. There has been progress in this aspect. One of the most radical advances in the field of life extension revolves around the use of adult stem cells (stem cell therapy). Stem cells are undifferentiated cells found throughout the body. They are remarkable in that they have the ability to differentiate into any types of cell in the body. The cell from which other cells spring forth contain the entire genetic code of the person (the genetic code is the biological software that roduces and defines each cell type in the body). After the body has been developed, among the trillons of cells in the body remains a population of quiescent stem cells waiting to be called into action to help in the repairs of damaged tissue. These stem cells abound everywhere. They are present in the body's adipose tissue, bone marrow, and in every single tissue compartment. The stem cells are nature's repair kits. They wait readily to repair tissues whenever the need arises,
Hoew the adult stem cells can be illustrated using the SKIN as an example. The skin is used because it is the 'guidepost' for how old a person is. As one gets older, the skin starts to thin and lose its elasticity. It is the loss of this elasticity that causes it to wrinkle and sag. Normally, the skin consistenctly renews itself, shedding old cells as new cells are created underneath. The birth of these new skin cells is caused by the activities of the adult stem cells. As one ages, the adult stem cells decrease in number and gradually become dysfunctional. If one is able to keep the regeneration of skin tissue at more youthful levels by the addiction of adult stem cells, He/She would be able to maintain a youthful-looking skin for a longer period of time. Practical and experimentl evidence exist to show that the repair of organs can be achieved with this technology. However, whether this same technology can be used to stop general aging is yet to be ascertained. It is documented that stem cells can be used in the management and treatment of more than 130 diseases. This include KIDNEY STONES, KIDNEY FAILURE, LIVER DISEASES, DYSFUNCTION OF THE PANCREAS, VISION IMPAIRMENT, SKIN REPAIR, GLAUCOMA, CANCER DOWN SYNDOME, STROKE, LEUKAMIA, RHEMATOID ARTHRITIS, BRAIN TRAUMA, problems with the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT, WOUND HEALING, ENLARGEMENT OF PROSTATE, CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES among others.
Stem cell therapy commands huge market potential. It is estimated that 80% percent of developed countries will make use of stem cell therapy and wellness technology within the decade. The market potential of stem cells within the next decade is estimated to reach approximately US $50 billion.
The Benefits of STC30
The STC30 is a new technology in the world of Stem Cell Therapy. STC30 is made of the following ingredients:
• Blackcurrant Juice Powder
• Bilberry Extract
• Glisodin (Cantaloupe Extract)
• PhytoCellTec Solar Vitis (Vitis Vinifera)
• PhytoCellTec Malus Domestica (Uttwiler Spatlauber)
Blackcurrant Juice Powder
Blackcurrants are known scientifically as Ribes nigrum. In the past, they were known as the ‘forbidden fruit’ especially in the United States. Blackcurrants are rich in anthocyanins, polyphenolic substances, antioxidants, vitamin C and Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). Blackcurrants helps in:
• Regulate Blood flow
• Improvement of the immune system
• Ocular health
• Gut health and
• Kidney health
Blackcurrants have been scientifically proven to minimize the risk of developing metabolic disorders such as type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Blackcurrants are equally rich in vitamins such as E, A, B1, B5 and B6. Perhaps what’s more important is the fact that it is very rich in Vitamin C. Its vitamin C content exceeds that of Citrus plants by 4. The content of antioxidants in Blackcurrants and by extension, STC30 doubles that of blueberries. Vitamin C also helps in protein metabolism and production of collagen which plays an essential role in skin care and prevention of aging.
The blackcurrants used in STC30 helps in boosting the immune system. Blackcurrants are rich in antioxidants and anthocyanins. These help in strengthening the immune system. They also have antimicrobial, anticancer, antitoxic, antiviral and antiseptic properties.
Blackcurrants also have a direct effect on the body’s response to inflammation. Blackcurrant powder contains Gama-linoleic acid (GLA). GLA is an Omega-6 fatty acid that helps in easing inflammatory responses. It can help reduce pains, stiffness, soreness and damage in the joint and muscles.
Blackcurrant powder has potassium and GLA which can help to reduce blood pressure. The GLA also helps to prevent damage to the myocardium and prevents the clumping of platelets in the blood passageways. Studies have also shown that blackcurrant powder increases blood flow from the heart and also decreases the resistance offered by the blood vessels against the flow of blood.
Bilberry is known scientifically as Vaccimium myrtillus. It is a member of the Ericaceae family with synonyms such as whortleberry, blueberry, bearberry huckleberry and European blueberry. Bilberry as an important component of Super life STC30 and has a myriad of functions. They include:
• Protection against liver damage: Due to the presence of antioxidants, bilberry protects the liver from damage which may be initiated by restraint stress. Bilberry extracts exhibit inhibitory and radical scavenging activities that increases the level of vitamin C and glutathione in the body. The rise in level of these two nutrients drastically lowers the concentration of nitric oxide in the hepatocytes.
• Prevent Atherosclerosis: Bilberry extracts contain anthocyanosises. Anthocyanosises improve the flow of blood round the peripheral tissues and prevents the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. LDL cholesterol is a major causative factor for atherosclerosis. However, further research is needed to prove this.
• Combating kidney failure: According to research, Bilberry extracts helps in normalizing some factors that trigger kidney failure such as creatinine, nitric oxide, and serum blood urea nitrogen. The antioxidants boost the rate at which oxygen radicals are absorbed in the kidneys thus protecting it from oxidative damage.
• Skin protection: Bilberry has been used in the treatment of various skin conditions including ulcers and varicose veins. The ingestion of bilberry helps to enhance the circulation of blood and combats venous deficit, which causes particular skin disorders.
• Cancer prevention: Bilberry extract retards the development of cancer cells. A research conducted to analyze the cancer-fighting properties of various berries has proven that bilberry is the most powerful in inhibiting of cancerous cells. This is due to the presence of phenolic components such as delphinidin and glycosides. These two phenols prevent the propagation of malignant cells and induces apoptosis (progressive cell death).
• Other benefits include of soothing: Diarrhea and wound healing, lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, cardio-protective effects, reduction of bad cholesterol, helps against urinary tract infections and protects against eye disorders.
Glisodin (Cantaloupe Extract)
Glisodin is a radical new form of antioxidant supplement. As an essential component of STC30, glisodin stimulates the body’s antioxidant defence system. It enhances the body’s production of its own natural antioxidants including Superoxide Dismutase (SOD, the most powerful antioxidant). Because of this, the body is well equipped to recover and from and combat stress.
Other clinically proven benefits of GilSODin include:
• Prevention of DNA damage induced by oxidative stress
• Inhibition of photo-oxidative stress
• Dispersion of lactic acid thus preventing its accumulation during exercise
• Strengthening of cardiovascular health
• Improvement of other significant markers of oxidative stress.
But how exactly does GliSODin help in antioxidant enhancement?
The fruits and vegetables we eat produce antioxidants and carotenoids in the body, protecting it from damage both internally and externally. It is therefore of immense benefits to the body to consume substances that can boost the production of these antioxidants. Superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase are powerful antioxidants that helps combat superoxide free radicals. They do this by transforming the free radicals into less reactive ions that are then disarmed by catalase and glutathione peroxidase – a process called dismutation. Normally, if someone consumes Superoxide dismutase in its raw form, the gastric acids (acids in the stomach) will destroy it. However, if it is encased in gliadin (a carrier protein), it becomes protected from digestive acids and effectively recognized by immune cells in the gastrointestinal system. GliSODin as a dietary supplement of Superoxide dismutase utilizes this technology and can use SOD to enhance the body’s antioxidant defences.
PhytoCelltec Solar Vitis (Vitis Vinifera)
Vitis vinifera refers simply to cell extract from grapes. Grapes have substantial anti-aging benefits in its peel and seed. Both peel and seed are subject to a technique of extracting stem cells. This technique involves making an incision in the peel or seed and removing the plant’s stem cells from the callus that forms as it attempts to heal the wound.
Stem cells are harvested from selective grapes that are able to withstand the ultraviolet rays of the sunlight. They are capable of maintaining and regenerating epidermal adult stem cells. Grape seeds and skins are rich in phenolic compounds such as proanthocyanidins and anthocyanins. Anthocyanins have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Proanthocyanidins stabilize the production of collagens that helps in skin elasticity, they also reduce swelling and act as antioxidants.
Proanthocyanidins present in Vitis Vinifera are more effective than Vitamin C and E. The sun produces UV rays that scavenges the tissues of the skin, and binds to healthy skin cells. This damages the healthy skin cells and they die off gradually. Antioxidants present in Vitis vinifera and by extension STC30 binds to these free radicals and prevents them from binding to healthy cells. Hence, Vitis vinifera, prevents and reverses aging and wrinkling of the skin, and sagging due to exposure to the sun’s rays.
PhytoCellTec Malus Domestica (Uttwiler Spatlauber)
Briefly, the Phytocelltec Malus Domestica (Uttwiler Spatlauber) is a liposomal preparation of apple stem cells. These stem cells have a rich content of epigenetic factors and metabolites that ensures the longevity of skin cells. Research shows that PhytocellTec Malus Domestica protects the stem cells of the skin and delays the senescence of hair follicles. This lends credence to its anti-aging properties.
The protection of human stem cells by PhytocellTec Malus Domestica has been shown by various in-vitro experiments. Its anti-aging effects has also been demonstrated by some studies. The anti-wrinkle effects of Malus Domestica was evaluated in a study with 20 volunteers aged 37 to 64. An emulasion containing 2% PhytocellTec Malus Domestica was applied twice daily for 28 days to crow’s feet. Wrinkle depth was determined by means of Phase-shifting rapid in vibo measurement of skin. Results showed a significant and visible decrease in wrinkle depth for 100% of the subjects.